woensdag 7 oktober 2015

26th September 2015
 
This day I went to Canterbury by train. I bought a ticket after 10 o'clock in the morning, because it's cheaper then. The trains are not the same as in The Netherlands. They smell and they're slow. It took me 15 minutes to go to Canterbury. The city centre is near the train station. When you walk to the centre, the first thing you see is the city gate. That's the sign that you enter the shopping area. The shops are nice and there are different things to eat. I went to the café in Waterstones Bookstore. They have brownies that are sooooo delicious. Then I went to Canterbury Castle. It's a really old castle and most of the castle is gone. I saw a picture of John’s Garden when I was in town. I had bought some sandwiches to eat and decided to go there. I didn't know that there was a food festival. There were a lot of people eating and drinking. I walked around to see what you could eat. For example, Pizza, hamburgers, chips, hotdogs etc. Unfortunately, there were no benches to sit on. I sat on the grass just like other people did. After that, I went to the library where a museum was as well. The museum was big and there were beautiful paintings. You don't have to pay the entrancefee. The last thing I did was walk to a park with a tree that helps 'removing' your illness and tumours when you hug the tree. Around half past four I took the train back to Broadstairs.

1 opmerking: