zaterdag 3 oktober 2015


Sept. 1st 2014
Today is the day that I leave The Netherlands and will stay in England for three months. I’m so excited! You will read my story in this blog. I will try to write an article every now and then, maybe weekly. I hope you like it. The 31st of August/1st of September I arrived at my friend’s house around 11 o’clock in the evening. I had to wait for a bit, because her father drank a cup of tea. Around 12 pm we left the house. I did cry when I had to leave my family and boyfriend behind, but I knew I had to.  I slept for almost an hour in the car. We had a break around 2 am. I was really tired after the break. We arrived at Dunkirk around 4 o’clock in the morning. The boat was not really big though; it didn’t need to big necessarily, because everybody was sleeping. When we stepped off the boat, I saw the White Cliffs of Dover. It was beautiful to see. The first thing we did was search for a place to eat. We were really hungry, because we were up all night. I ate toast with strawberry jam and butter. It was a ten minute drive to my host family. The family is really nice and I hope they will take good care of me. We went to the shopping centre in the afternoon. It is a nice place to walk around. We ate some chips. I had a child’s menu, because we still had to eat with the host family. They made Indian food and it was delicious.

Here is a video that I made:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BPj9mkyQ6M

Broadstairs






1 opmerking: